- USPTO (Registered Patent Attorney)
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D.
- Seattle University, B.S., Electrical Engineering
P.O. Box 1213
Great Falls, VA 22066
Alysa Youngson focuses on prosecution of U.S. and international patent applications, and has worked with technologies including computer hardware and software, wired and wireless communication, Internet technologies, semiconductor devices, memory systems, electronic circuit design, and e-commerce and business methods. She also has extensive litigation and opinion drafting experience, which informs her ability to consult with clients in her prosecution practice.
Ms. Youngson has significant industry experience, including research and development experience in the field of telecommunications while working as a software engineer at Nortel Networks. At Nortel, she began her career performing software design and support for Nortel’s digital telephony equipment, and later advanced to software design and support for Nortel’s real-time switched line over ATM telephony, Voice over IP (VoIP), and Virtual Router Distribution Node products. In addition, Ms. Youngson has experience in the area of Naval Weapons Warfare Simulation as a senior applications programmer under a contract to the U.S. Navy. In that role, she developed software necessary to support the real-time tracking, display, and data archiving, as well as the post-exercise analysis, playback, and debrief in a distributed computing environment for an Underwater Tracking Range.
Prior to joining Muir Patent Law, Ms. Youngson was an associate at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP, as well as Hunton & Williams, LLP. She also served as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), where she examined patent applications in the field of computer graphics and displays.
- Panel Speaker, “Avoiding Dysfunctional Functional Claims,” American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law, 29th Annual Intellectual Property Law Conference, April 2, 2014
- Panel Speaker, “America Invents Act: Practical Considerations for Practitioners and Inventors,” American Bar Association, December 11, 2012
- Speaker, “Practical Strategies for Effective Post-AIA Patent Portfolio Management,” Virginia Continuing Legal Education, October 19, 2012
- Speaker, “Summary of American Invents Act (AIA),” Virginia Continuing Legal Education, August 16, 2012